Welcome to the Godwoken Docs site.
Godwoken is an EVM-compatible, layer 2 optimistic rollup solution built on Nervos layer 1. Godwoken - a key component of Nervos Layer 2 - works in conjunction with the Polyjuice EVM framework in order to create a scalable EVM-compatible solution for Nervos, that is, Godwoken.
Godwoken aims to provide a solution for dApp builders who seek the advantages of Ethereum - its build, good tools and documentation - but not the drawbacks, such as network congestion, high gas costs, oversaturation and scalability issues.
Nervos Network has the vision to enable interoperability across the blockchain ecosystem with a multi-chain solution. And Godwoekn is a big step towards achieving this greater vision.
If you are an Ethereum developer, Godwoken can help you migrate existing dApps to Nervos effortlessly, allowing you to expand your reach and brand awareness in a DeFi dev-focused network and benefit from instant transaction finality and low fees in an Ethereum-like environment.
This section will guide you to get started in the Godwoken. Here are links to some useful resources for you to build on Godwoken.
- If you want to know L2 Godwoken Compatibility details, visit Integration Guide for Ethereum Developers.
- For information on Godwoken connection details, visit Godwoken Public Networks.
- To get a general understanding of Godwoken, visit Overview and Godwoken Transaction.
- To understand the structure of the Nervos Network, visit Structure.
- For instructions on how to deploy a Godwoken local network, visit Deploy a Local Network with Godwoken-Kicker.
- To deploy a smart contract to Godwoken layer 2, visit Deploy a Simple Smart Contract with Hardhat or Deploy a Simple Ethereum Smart Contract on Polyjuice.
- If you want to obtain direct experience and prepare yourself for deploying dapps, check Layer 2 EVM Training.
- Information about tokens deployed on Godwoken Testnet can be found at Tokens.
- In the Asset Management section, you will know more about the cross-layer operations between Nervos CKB layer 1 and Godwoken layer 2.
- The latest changes in Godwoken can be viewed at Release Notes.